Click CEOP Reporting Button
Signposting for adult stakeholders CEOP is a command of the National Crime Agency and is dedicated to tackling the sexual abuse and exploitation of children and young people. CEOP helps children and young people under the age of 18 who have been forced or manipulated into taking part, or are being pressured to take part, in sexual activity of any kind. This can be both online and offline. The CEOP Safety Centre offers information and advice for children and young people, parents and carers and professionals. You can visit the CEOP Safety Centre and make a report directly to CEOP by clicking the Click CEOP button. Online bullying or other online concerns should not be reported to CEOP and children and young people should be directed to speak to an adult they trust, and/or referred to Childline, if they would like to speak to someone about how they are feeling.
Useful websites for advice and support about apps
- If you want to find out more about the apps children are using the NSPCC has a fabulous guide with details about Instagram. Youtube and many more: www.net-aware.org.uk
- If you want to set parental controls on any of the internet connected devices you own, have a look at parentalcontrols-on.org.uk
- Not sure about the age ratings on a game? Everything you need is here: www.pegi.info
- Worried about grooming or Child Sexual Exploitation? CEOP have a great educational site with a section for parents here: www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- The UK Safer Internet Centre has lots of helpful advice too, they are here: www.saferinternet.org.uk
- Classroom resources linked to the new Computing Curriculum :www.digital-literacy.org.uk
- For Childnet@s resources-including the free Facebook flyers (and twitter and snapchat guides), look here :www.childnet.com
- Internet matters - a good guide for the age group 0-5.
- Net-aware - good advice on safely using specific apps, e.g. TikTok
- Thinkuknow - includes some child friendly videos to share with your family.
- Please talk to any teacher if you would like further help or advice